Children need homes. They need love, they need hugs! The sad reality is that many children are without families and cannot get all the love, support, and life they wish to have. But this is where The Adoption Council of Canada comes in!
Meet Our Group of the Month
Our featured group this month, The Adoption Council of Canada, helps kids find the right families.
From the Adoption Council of Canada’s website:
The mission of the ACC, while broadly serving the entire adoption community of adopted persons, birth families, and adoptive families, focuses on three main objectives:
- To raise awareness about the number of children available for adoption in Canada’s child welfare system, and to facilitate programs that will promote the placement of waiting children in permanent loving families.
- To connect with provincial adoption agencies and organizations and support them in our common goals, by assisting them in communicating with government and the private sector about their specific provincial challenges.
- To recognize and promote the need for post-adoption supports for all members of the adoption community. The ACC strongly believes that education, communication and connection to medical, social, psychological and educational resources are essential in ensuring the success and longevity of adoptive family relationships.
Mission and Values
The ACC is also the number one resource for current Canadian adoption news, publications, educational resources, events and provincial links.
The ACC believes in demonstrating consideration and respect for all members of the adoption constellation, and in the fundamental right of all persons to have open access to records and to their birth history.
Don’t Miss Our Video of the Month
Check out our video this month about The Adoption Council of Canada, featuring our CEO Paul W. Slusher, and his adorable daughter Amira:
And remember, ContactsforLess.ca is the only website in Canada that lets you:
- Order your contact lens online
- Save 70% or more on low prices
- Donates 51% of net profits to the charity YOU choose!